It’s fair to say that we love ourselves a delicious bánh mì from time to (probably too many) time. Nothing beats a light, fluffy Vietnamese baguette filled with grilled meat, sour pickled carrots, coriander and last but never least – spicy chillis.
There are of course many different bánh mì varieties to choose from, and one Perth spot that’s got it on lock is popular CBD joint Le Vietnam. Outside of being a couple of legitimate Perth legends, owners DJ and Emily Lee have their finger on the pulse when it comes to making the perfect bánh mì.
So when the opportunity arose to create our own special Perth Is OK version, well we’d be crazy not to. You can only get it from Le Vietnam on Barrack Street from this Monday (22 March), and it’ll only be available for two weeks!
Oh and what does a Perth Is OK! x Le Vietnam Bánh Mì look like you ask?
- Rolls, baked purely just for Le Vietnam by DJ Lee’s uncle, using the flour from local business “All about Bread” in Greenwood
- Harvey Beef Brisket from the south of WA
- Pickled carrots, cucumber and green chilli from InSeason, a small family business in North Perth, sourcing from local growers for the freshest fruit and vegies around town
- Coriander, sourced from a few Vietnamese farms in Wanneroo
- Red chilli, homegrown in DJ and Emily Lee’s own backyard
Best of all, it’ll only set you back $12 – and if you mention that you’ve seen this article when you order you will get a complimentary home-brew ice tea!
So happy eating and drinking, and we’ll probably see you there for lunch every day enjoying some ourselves.