The Night Noodle Markets Are Back At A New Location This March
he Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) advises that whilst the risk to the general Australian population from COVID-19 is low, in order to assist with the containment of the virus non-essential gatherings or events of over 500 people should not proceed.
As of 3:30pm Friday 13 March, The Prime Minister and state and territory leaders want all non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people to be suspended from Monday 16 March.
As such, The Perth Night Noodle Markets will not take place from March 25 – April 5.
The AHPPC strongly recommends that people that if feel unwell with a cough or fever or other respiratory symptoms should not attend any public events or gatherings. This is particularly so for people who have recently travelled from overseas.
We’re working on some new dates to bring the Perth Night Noodle Markets & Good Food Month back as soon as we can.
Last week we gave the foodies of Perth the great news that Good Food Month presented by Citi was returning to Perth this April (read up on it HERE), and that means the Night Noodle Markets are back too, baby!
Along with the special Good Food Month events, the Night Noodle Markets will be taking up residence at their new home of Yagan Square, which will transform into a delicious, bustling Asian street food festival from March 25 until April 5.
Vendors from across the country will once again be taking Perth punters on a full-on flavour trail through Asia, set to live music, DJs and lion dancing.
To get you salivating, here’s a scrumptious looking run down of the Night Noodle Market vendors, and some of the delicious-sounding menus they’ll have on offer.
– Kumokumo: Original Soufflé Pancake – Soft, souffle pancake with whipped butter and Jarrah honey
– Lucky Chans: Smashing Pumpkin Bao – Coconut & lemongrass curried pumpkin, harissa yoghurt (can be made vegan); Coca Cola Sticky Piggy Bao – 12 hour braised pork shoulder, carrot relish, hoisin sauce
– Fry’d: Matcha Green Tea & White Chocolate; Vanilla Bean & Salted Caramel; Toasted Coconut Vegan Gelato
The Original Soufflé Pancake from Kumokumo
– Hoy Pinoy: Inihaw na Baboy – Pork belly skewers in banana ketchup sauce
– Hoy Pinoy Cart: Inihaw na Manok – BBQ Chicken Skewers with traditional Glaze
– Wonderbao: Korean Chicken Gua Bao – Chicken bao with sweet and spicy sauce, pickled daikon and roasted sesame; Char Sui Bao – Traditional BBQ pork bun with soy based sauce
– Bangkok Street Food: Pad Thai – Pad Thai noodles with tofu or prawns
– Calabang: Crispy Calamari
– Twistto: Original Korean Twist Potato
– Flying Noodles: The Big Boss – Marinated chicken fillets cooked with red wine sauce and house soy sauce, honey, tomato paste and served with vegetables
– Teppanyaki Noodles: Yakisoba – Japanese style fried noodles
– Shallot Thai: Crackling Pork Noodles – Roasted pork belly in caramelised sauce with boiled egg noodles; Peking Duck Noodles – Peking duck with boiled egg noodles and a caramelised sauce
– @Roll Up: Roti Dippers – Roti with homemade peanut dipping sauce; Soft Shell Crab Roti Roll – Deep fried soft shell crab, mixed salad, onion and carrot with sauce
– Waffleland: – Bangkok Night – Freshly baked waffle stick drizzled with warm Nutella, dusted with icing sugar (optional strawberries & ice cream)
– Raijin: Gyoza Dumplings – Japanese style dumplings (gyoza) steamed and served with garnish salads, original gyoza sauce with optional chilli
– Poklol x Puffle: KFC Puffle – Sweet and spicy Korean fried chicken stuffed inside a signature cheese Puffle, topped with Japanese mayo and shallots; Cheeseburger Puffle – Chopped bulgogi beef patty mixed with melted cheese, drizzled with Japanese mayo, mustard, sweet and spicy ketchup in a cheese Puffle
– Donburi Station: Tokyo Taco – Fusion beef taco served with salsa and toppings on Japanese rice; Osaka Noodles – Fried Japanese noodles with chicken, pork or vegetables
– Bao Brothers: Bao Easy 3 – One pork, one chicken and one tofu bao; Loaded Sweet Potato Fries; Korean Fried Cauliflower – Korean fried cauliflower in a chilli glaze with sesame seeds
– Gelato Messina: Bangkok Banana – Deep fried banana fritters, caramelised palm sugar, banana gelato, coconut and lime chantilly, peanut crumble; Phuket Bucket – Condensed milk pudding, condensed milk crumble, lychee and sala shaved ice, lychee gelato, rainbow jellies
View all menus on the Night Noodle Markets Website
Photo courtesy of Flying Noodles
And if this doesn’t already have you drooling in anticipation, the Friends Of Good Food Month also return, with a host of local venues offering special menus, lunches and prices throughout April.
For a full rundown of who’s doing what and where, head to the Good Food Month Perth WEBSITE.