The Mandurah Canal Christmas Lights Are Back, And We’re Giving Away A 3-Hour Cruise To Celebrate
We don’t know about you guys but one thing we’re very much ready for is some Christmas cheer to be spread in 2020.
And one place gloriously glowing with cheer once again will be the Mandurah foreshore and canals with the return of the Mandurah canal Christmas lights.
This year will also be even bigger than ever as the Mandurah foreshore lights up alongside the canals with a host of free events throughout the month of December.
Photo by Mandurah Cruises
First up: the canals.
A wonderland on the water, the canal residents go above and beyond every year to dress up their spectacular homes along the waterfront, with over 200 houses lit up with massive, detailed lights displays throughout the month of December.
The best way to view this (if you don’t have your own boat of course), is to book a Christmas Lights Canal Cruise with one of a host of water-based operators in the area.
You can get booking with one of them via THIS LINK.
To celebrate the occasion, we’ve teamed up with Visit Mandurah to give away a 3-hour Christmas Lights Cruise with the team at Soulmate Charters.
Simply head to THIS INSTAGRAM POST to enter, and read on below for all the activations that’ll be happening along the Mandurah foreshore and marina in December…
Photo by Mandurah Cruises
Outside of cruises, head to the Mandurah foreshore and marina to catch a sparkling, 4.4metre tall Santa, joined by his trusty (and equally huge) reindeer, a bright train, a 10m-high Christmas tree and a beautifully lit ship on the water.
There’ll also be a beautiful bright star and colourful Kombi van near the cinemas to catch, along with a host of events, including:
- Friday 4 December: Mandurah Concert Band performing Christmas Carols (Eastern Foreshore 7-8.30pm), Electric Lights Drumming Group (Mandjar Square, 8pm)
- Saturday 5 December: Salvation Army Christmas Carols (Eastern Foreshore 6-8pm)
- Sunday 6 December: Live Music (7.30-9pm)
- Thursday 10 December: Men’s Shed Santa’s Toy Workshop (Eastern Foreshore, 6-8.30pm), Nativity Scene & Petting Zoo (Keith Holmes Reserve , 6-8.30pm), Fierce Entertainment Fire Show (Lido Beach, 8-8.30pm)
- Thursday 17 December: Christmas Story with nativity scene (Eastern Foreshore, 6-8.30pm)
- Every Thursday from 10 December: Kids Christmas Workshops (Eastern Foreshore, Mandjar Square & Keith Holmes Reserve, 6-9pm)
- Thursday-Sunday: Santa & Elves (Mandjar Square, 6-9pm), Roving Carollers & Street Performers (7-9pm)
For more info on all Mandurah Christmas activations, head to Visit Mandurah’s SUMMER IN MANDURAH page.
Cover photo by Clip Media