NRL Nines Is Bringing The Party To Perth This Weekend
A million-dollar prize pool and some of rugby league’s biggest names are heading to Perth this weekend for NRL Nines – a festival of footy and live entertainment at HBF Park on February 14 and 15.
For the first time ever, 180 players from all 16 NRL and 4 NRLW teams head west to compete in the Nines format – a fast-flowing, shortened version of rugby league ensuring furiously fun games across two days.
A quick drill-down of how it works:
- Friday 14 February kick off is 4.05pm, Saturday is 10.20am.
- Each game sees 9-player teams play two 9-minute halves.
- 16 teams are split into four groups, playing three games each to begin.
- Followed by quarter-finals, semi-finals and the final on Saturday afternoon.
- The four NRLW teams play their own round robin tournament.
Some of the biggest current and former names in the game (past and present) are making the trip west, including Canterbury’s Corey Harawira-Naera, Broncos legend Corey Parker (coming out of retirement), Bulldogs premiership forward Andrew Ryan and veteran Titan fullback Michael Gordon.
They’ll be joined by Melbourne Storm’s Cameron Muster, and code-jumping ex-Sydney Swans premiership player Nick Davis, lining up for the Roosters.
The excitement won’t be restricted to the field though, as NRL Nines takes over HBF Park for a huge couple of days of festivities, including:
- A best-dressed competition, featuring a huge $10K prize pool
- Internationally renowned DJ Skooby bringing the party tunes
- Local legend DJ Shann doing likewise in the NRL Nines Precinct
- The Perth Summer Club Band rocking some pre-game live music
- $20K worth of spot merchandise prizes
Tickets start from as little as $25, head to the NRLNINES WEBSITE to get amongst it now.