As far as Western Australian institutions go, Telethon weekend would have to be right up there.
Since its inception in 1968, the fundraising event has donated almost $350million to the kids of WA!
After the year that 2020 has been the timing has never been more perfect for another go-round, and this year is even bigger than ever with the Telethon Family Festival taking over Optus Stadium for the first time ever on Sunday 25 October.
The family-friendly festival, presented by Coles, is asking Perth’s young families to come together (in nice, wide open spaces) to unite WA once again at an already iconic Perth location.
Running form 11am-5pm it’s going to be a huge day, featuring:
- Free carnival rides
- Bankwest Community Stage showcasing talented Perth kids and dance groups
- HBF Active Zone including Rebound WA’s Wheelchair Basketball, Gymnastics WA and Tennis WA
- HBF Fitness Challenge with Fuller Fitness Subiaco founder Matt Fuller
- APM Charity Trail, exhibiting all the amazing work from more than 35 charity beneficiaries Telethon supports every year.
- Taste of Telethon featuring 20+ food vans
- Petting zoo
There’ll also be special prizes on offer, including on the APM Charity Trail where guests can go in the running to win $5K worth of prizes!
Best of all kids entry is free, with adults tickets only $5 via TICKETMASTER.
Telethon and Optus Stadium will be working with the Department Of Health to ensure all requirements and approvals are met to make sure the event is COVID safe.
For more information and FAQ please follow THIS LINK.