No matter how many photos we see of Western Australia’s brilliant array of landscapes, we’re constantly surprised with new and thrilling angles from talented WA photographers.
WA Museum Boola Bardip is equally enthralled with stunning new takes on views of WA, and they’ve just launched a remarkable new free exhibition called Walking with Colour: Cinematic Nature by Michael Haluwana.
A breathtaking and vibrant world of colour showcasing WA’s myriad incredible landscapes and seascapes through the lens of award-winning cinematographer Haluwana, Walking with Colour is now open to the public right through until January 30, 2022.
Michael Haluwana is the director of Perth-based company Aeroture, recognised for his work with National Geographic, BBC and the legendary Sir David Attenborough, and this exhibition will be a mix of prints and installations including:
– Above & Below Projections: From day to night, enjoy visual discoveries including the exquisite Northern Lights.
– Marine Projections: Be immersed in a luminous watery environment and feel like you are swimming with whales, fish, and crocodiles.
– Colour Screens: Be drawn into the rainbow of frozen moments and dynamic transitions of colour in place and time as seasons change across a variety of WA landscapes.
– Landscape Projections: Experience the land and sky in a new and dynamic way in this installation combining incredible footage with projection mapping technology.
– Behind the Scenes: See what it takes to capture aerial, landscape, night sky and wildlife from behind the lens with Michael Haluwana.
– Talking Colour with Michael Haluwana: Join the star of the exhibition, Michael Haluwana, as he takes you on a one-hour tour through his stunning new multimedia exhibition Walking with Colour at WA Museum Boola Bardip (book here).
We’re pretty excited to check it out, and have launched a special giveaway to celebrate, including a 67cm x 100cm print (RRP $550); calendar (RRP $60); coffee table book (RRP $79; and WAM membership (RRP $45) – just hit the Instagram post below to enter:
View this post on Instagram