Mt Lawley’s Beaufort Street strip has copped a bit of a hiding in recent times, with numerous venues being forced to close with foot traffic at gloomy lows, all not helped with the waterworks noisily occupying large chunks of space for the past couple of months.
It all came to ahead a couple of weeks ago with the emotional closure of two Beaufort Street staples, Five Bar and Clarence’s, creating a city-wide discussion about just what is going wrong with the once bustling precinct.
Community organisation Beaufort Street Network have understandably been paying close attention to all of it, and ahead of some more long term changes and collaborations with local government, are asking people to hit the pavement this weekend and support the strip.
How exactly? Well this Saturday 8 June they’re asking you to make your way to the Beaufort Street precinct at some point during the day and FIND THREE!
Three what exactly?
Quite simply, find three establishments you haven’t been to (in a while, or at all), pop in and see what’s going on and rediscover the Beaufort Street that’s been the pride of Perth for decades.
While there may have been some closures recently, there’s still a ridiculous amount to do on the Beaufort Street strip, and we’re sure there’d be a bunch of vendours very happy to see your smiling face this Saturday, and in the many days and weekends after!
- Stop by one of several florists and treat your mum to a nice bunch
- Nab some stunning local art from Mt Lawley Art Framers
- Load up on delicatessen delights at Elmars
Photo via @perthfoodadventures
- Grab a limited edition “Beaunut” from Mary Street Bakery or a beaut coffee from Bossman
- Gorge on a Side Door BBQ grill feast
- Freshen up your threads at Highs & Lows
Photo via @outandaboutperth
- Treat yourself at one of several heavenly eateries along Beaux Lane
- Reward yourself with a cheeky pint at at The Scotto, The Queens or The Brisbane
- Indulge yourself at one of the many other excellent dining establishments along Beaufort Street
- Buy someone (or yourself) a gift at Planet Books – you are guaranteed to find something awesome
Photo via @stephanyjosephine
We can debate how and why the Beaufort Street strip has been struggling in recent times, and in lieu of those issues hopefully being addressed sooner rather than later, why not get off the couch this Saturday? Switch off Netflix, give Uber Eats a break and get amongst the community, you might just find it puts a smile on your dial!