Step behind the scenes of the world’s best street art and experience Fremantle International Street Arts Festival as a VIP! Get tickets to the best seats in the house when Fremantle’s historic streets transform into open-air theatre this Easter long weekend, showcasing the amazing, weird and wacky. Experience Fremantle’s unique festival like never before!
Join your renowned festival tour guide for this behind the scenes walking tour (2 hours each). Weave through the port city’s iconic landmarks and vibrant entertainment centres, soak up the atmosphere and gain an insider’s perspective of festival workings and its history. Then finish your immersive tour with VIP access to a performance at one of Fremantle’s newest and most intimate garden venues.
What your VIP experience will get you:
– Sneak a peek at behind the scenes festival preparations
– Hear extraordinary festival tales and infamous moments from festivals past
– Chance upon spontaneous encounters and interactions with performers
– VIP access to a colourful street theatre performance – take your ring-side seat to a world-class street theatre performance
– Enjoy a drink and light refreshments
Tours will depart twice daily from Fremantle Visitor Centre in Walyalup Koort:
– Saturday 8 April: 12 noon & 3pm
– Sunday 9 April: 12 noon & 3pm
– Monday 10 April: 12 noon & 3pm
Meet your guide | Michael Deller:
Charismatic Michael from Fremantle Tours loves showing off his home town – Fremantle. Expect a tour with this renowned local guide to be relaxed, friendly and fun (imagine being shown around by one of your oldest and most passionate friends!). He brings a great knowledge of Fremantle’s history – and its famous street arts festival – and knows how to spin a yarn.
Fremantle International Street Arts Festival: In 1999, the port city’s much-loved festival launched as a celebration of Fremantle’s local busking culture. It’s grown to become Australasia’s largest street arts festival, attracting and showcasing the world’s best street theatre. During the festival, Fremantle’s famous alfresco dining will step it up a notch, with pop-up bars and eateries extending into the streets. Stay overnight to experience it all!