Everything You Need To Know About ‘Boorna Waanginy: The Trees Speak’ In Kings Park
Thanks to Perth Festival and the Botanic Gardens & Parks Authority, the spectacular Boorna Waanginy returns to transform Kings Park into a nocturnal wonderland once again each night from this Friday the 8th of February to Monday the 11th of February.
In this epic work Noongar culture, science, cutting-edge technology and breathtaking artistry come together to celebrate the unique and threatened beauty of South Western Australia’s landscape.
Beginning at the West Perth entrance to Kings Park on Fraser Avenue, you will be immersed in the sights and sounds of the Nyoongar six seasons on your 1.5 km journey. With sessions running from 8.00 pm – 11.00 pm (last entry 10.30 pm) you are welcome to begin at any time and enjoy the magical walk-through experience.
How to get here:
- Due to road and carpark closures, the Botanic Gardens & Parks Authority strongly encourages use the of public transport (or riding your bike in). There will be free shuttle buses between Perth Busport and the corner of Colin Street and Kings Park Road running approximately every eight minutes between 7.00 pm and 11.15 pm. Some travel delays may be experienced, so please plan your journey and allow extra time to get to the event.
- For those who cannot use public transport, parking is available in City of Perth carparks and nearby suburbs. ACROD parking will be available in the Lotterywest Family Area in Kings Park off Kings Park Road.
- For those who require assistance at the end of the journey to return to the starting point, an assistance bus will depart every 15 minutes between 8.00 pm and 11.00 pm.
What to bring:
- As little as possible! This is a walking experience covering a 1.5 km journey.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Light jacket in case of cooler weather.
Food and drinks will be available for purchase prior to the start and at the end of the journey. Please take your rubbish home with you.
Please note this is an alcohol and smoke-free event.
For more information visit Perth Festival website.