A Free International Education & Careers Expo Comes To Perth This Week
Now that we’ve sold you on why Perth is a pretty great place to work and study, it’s time to really start arming yourself with the best information on how to go about it.
Enter the StudyPerth International Education & Careers Expo – a chance for students from Perth, interstate or overseas to really examine their options and enhance their future opportunities with a WA-based education.
The expo – happening in-person and online for free – will provide students with the chance to meet Perth’s best educators and accommodation providers; engage with WA employers; be inspired by industry professionals; gain experience through workshops, and heaps more.
If this sounds of interest to you, register here now.
It’s taking place over two days on Friday 9 and Saturday 10 October from 10am-3pm at the Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre or online, where you will have access to institution information, be able to organise catch-ups with their representatives and watch filmed sessions. Check out the participating exhibitors and star your planning today.
The program has been released, so click here to see what’s happening each day at the expo.
You can also jump onto the Facebook Event to keep up to speed with any updates, and share the event with your friends.
- An in-depth look at the WA Economy post-COVID with Deloitte Senior Economist Aiden Depiazzi;
- Aboriginal Cultural Session with Aboriginal Elder Neville Collard;
- An conversation about the future and changing face of work in Perth and across Australia from the Committee for Perth;
- Visa information from the Migration Institute of Australia, which will look at recent COVID-19 related updates to the subclass 500 student visa and subclass 485 skilled graduate visa
- Resilience-building workshop by Dr Lauren Hancock, in acknowledgement of World Mental Health Day;
- A 30-minute food conversation about WA produce and cooking demonstration by WA Food Ambassador Don Hancey;
- An in-depth look at the pitfalls and opportunities when starting your own business and the skills that employers are looking for now, by Spacecubed Founder Brodie McCulloch
Both days will also feature:
- Lightning Idea Generators: Learn about experiential learning platform Practera and edtech program success factors before pitching your own concept;
- Testimonials from three of StudyPerth’s International Student Ambassadors on why they chose Perth, and how they’ve become part of the community;
- IELTS Masterclass with IELTS Examiner Trainer Anelise Chichero
- Curtin University (including Curtin College and Curtin English)
- Edith Cowan University (including Edith Cowan College)
- Murdoch University
- The University of Notre Dame
- The University of Western Australia
- Anglican Schools Commission International
- APEIRO Institute
- Australian Institute of Workplace Training
- Australian Professional Skills Institute
- Campus Perth
- Canning College
- DNA Kingston Training
- IELTS – IDP Education
- Institute of Health and Nursing Australia
- International Institute of Business and Technology
- Kaplan Business School
- Language Links
- Navitas English Perth (including Navitas Professional)
- NIT Australia
- Phoenix Academy
- SERO Institute
- Sheridan Institute of Higher Education
- Stanley College
- Sterling Business College
- TAFE International Western Australia (including the Department of Education)
- Taylors College Perth
- The Student Housing Company – The Boulevard
- City of Joondalup
- StudyPerth Lounge
If you’re thinking of heading to Perth to begin your next phase of learning life, head to StudyPerth for an in-depth breakdown of everything you’ll need to get started.