Experience WA’s Unique Golden History With A Tour Of The Perth Mint
A hidden gem – or precious metal if you will – The Perth Mint is an awesome way to understand and experience Western Australia’s unique, golden history. Australia’s oldest operating mint located in East Perth, The Perth Mint is a fully operational, fully integrated precious metals enterprise, supplying premium gold, silver and platinum to the world around us.
And alongside its day-to-day operations, visitors are invited to visit the original premises to enjoy a fascinating tour, diving into the Perth Mint’s world class Gold Exhibition and tour offerings, currently operating daily. An affordable and enjoyable experience for people of all ages, the Perth Mint tour is authentic and engaging, as you explore a unique part of WA history that includes:
- A live gold pour in the traditional 1899 melting house where you’ll see gold heated to molten temperatures before being transformed into a solid gold bar;
- The Guinness World Record 1-tonne coin valued at over $90million;
- The second largest display of gold nuggets in the world;
- A kid-friendly quiz called The Perth Mint Challenge, with participants receiving a medal upon completion;
- The stunning audio/visual experience that is The Gold Exhibition;
- Medallion engraving, where you can take home a personalised piece to kick off – or ramp up – your gold coin collection.
Whether you’re a dyed-in-the-wool history buff or are just looking for something a little different to experience around Perth, The Perth Mint is an excellent idea that won’t cost too many bullions and is incredibly accessible – lying along the free Red CAT bus line just east of the CBD.
For more information and to book your tour now, head to the Perth Mint’s WEBSITE.