If you’ve driven down Karrinyup Drive at any point over the past few years you’ve no doubt seen Karrinyup Shopping Centre’s massive glow up in the works, with the much-vaunted redevelopment reaching completion last weekend.
And with that official launch, we figured it’s about time you got acquainted with the $800mil development. Almost doubling in size and with just under 300 stores in total, Karrinyup is now Perth’s leading fashion and lifestyle destination. It’s also home to dozens of new places to eat, drink and play and a 10-screen, state-of-the-art cinema complex.
Much more than just a shopping centre, we break it down for you below:
The West Deck
This brand-new outdoor entertainment and dining precinct will be the place to be for some seriously fun times, along with a variety of great eat and drink options. Along with-it being home to the first HOYTS Cinemas north of the river (featuring 10 state-of-the-art screens), there’s also an Archie Brothers Cirque Electriq (arcade games, dodgem cars), Holey Moley and Strike Bowling.
For the little ones there’s also more open grass and alfresco play areas to go with an array of new food and beverage venues including:
– Good Company, from the team behind The Camfield and The Elford;
– O Mare Mio, a modern Italian/Mediterranean eatery;
– Spice Market, from the team behind Bangkok Brothers and Little Bangkok;
– Authentic Bites AKA everyone’s fave Northbridge dumpling joint;
– Arirange offering Korean BBQ;
– Super Tetsudo Japanese bullet train and Izakaya;
– Baguette Me Not, serving up fresh gourmet street food and delicious coffee;
– Laksarama, a modern Malaysian Laksa restaurant from the team behind Bar Lafayatte and W Churchill;
– Hermano’s En Tacos, offering tex-mex bites with a twist;
– Great British Chipp, known for their delicious fish and chips;
– Plus Pretzel, San Churro and Grill’d serving up delicious quick bites.
There’s also an external, landscaped community space that has an alfresco kids playground known as ‘The Cubby’ (pictured, below), along with green open spaces, water features and trees, perfect for stretching the legs and a little relaxation break from the hustle and bustle of the shops.
The Café Terrace
If The West Deck’s expanded offering wasn’t enough, there’s an additional 18 new places to eat and drink along The Café Terrace. It features a variety of local and international cuisines like the Leederville fave Thuggs Fried Chicken & Burgers, Chinese Canton, Capricho (Latin American), Viet Hoa, My Sataylicious, Eat Drink Raw and more.
Meanwhile, The Loop is Perth’s premier fashion and lifestyle destination, home to a catwalk’s array of renowned Australian and international brands like the much-hyped Perth debut of Sephora, Zara, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, UNIQLO and H&M, along with Australian favourites like Aje, Camilla, Scanlan Theodore and Bec + Bridge.
They’ll be joined by leading Australian furniture and design brand Coco Republic and designer handbag brand Coach, along with a host of premium brands to be found over two floors in The Loop. For sportswear and casual fashion, you’ll find a slew of new stores on the ground floor including Nike, Adidas, JD Sports, City Beach, Cotton On, Under Armour, Platypus Shoes, General Pants and much more.
Home to Coles, Aldi, Woolworths and a host of local fresh food purveyors, The Fresh Market is a convenient marketplace catering to your everyday needs. Here you’ll find everything from freshly baked sourdough to unique floral designs, with excellent local vendors like Barrett’s Bakery, A Mano Floral and Gifts, The Source Bulk Foods, Karrinyup Seafood, Tenderwest Meats, Graze & Tipple and more.
– 109,000: Size of the shopping centre in square metres (almost double the original’s 59,874).-
– 290+: The number of stores.
– 60: Total food and drink spots in the new-look centre
– 10: State-of-the-art screens in the HOYTS Cinemas.
– 5,000: Parking spaces.
– 2,500: Construction jobs created.
– 2,500: New retail, support and management jobs created.
– $800 million: Total cost of the revamped Karrinyup Shopping Centre.
Head to the Karrinyup Shopping Centre Website now for more info.